There are some days when you just need an extra boost to get through the day. Maybe you're over your head with a complicated work project (and the huge piles of paper on your desk shows it). Maybe you feel like you'll never get promoted and your work goes unnoticed. Perhaps you have a great business idea but are too nervous to pitch it to your boss.
It may seem silly but that's when motivational quotes can actually be helpful; they give an extra spurt of encouragement and inspiration when the going gets tough. We've compiled some of our favorites (20 to be exact) for you to hang them above your standing desk around your home office or tack to the walls of your cubicle. Not only will they motivate you they may also help your co-workers and soon you could be seeing these quotes above their desks too.
So read through these find a few that will help you and put them above your stand up desk.
- "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
- "The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today." - Elbert Hubbard
- "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work." - Margaret Thatcher
- "When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say I used everything you gave me." - Erma Bombeck
- "Even if you're on the right track you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers
- "Live neither in the past nor in the future but let each day's work absorb your entire energies and satisfy your widest ambition." - Sir William Osler
- "Laziness may appear attractive but work gives satisfaction." - Anne Frank
- "Even if you fall on your face you're still moving forward." - Victor Kiam
- "The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "The more I want to get something done the less I call it work." - Richard Bach
- "Always make a total effort even when the odds are against you." - Arnold Palmer
- "You may not control all the events that happen to you but you can decide not to be reduced by them." - Maya Angelou
- "Don't wait. The time will never be just right." - Napoleon Hill
- "When everything seems to be going against you remember that the airplane takes off against the wind not with it." - Henry Ford
- The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra." - Jimmy Johnson
- "Light tomorrow with today." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
- "Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right." - Henry Ford
- "If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint" then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh
- "You become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey
- "Do what you can where you are with what you have." - Teddy Roosevelt
- "A life spent in making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
- "Never never never give up." - Winston Churchill
- "Rest not! Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die." - Goethe
Every time you have a frustrating day can't seem to focus or are dreading that meeting with your boss read those quotes and remember what Thomas Edison once said: "If we did all the things we are capable of we would astound ourselves."